Join this interactive session as the NCVO explores key questions in recruiting and retaining new volunteers
- Assessing the latest trends in what motivates people to volunteer and the key barriers for those not volunteering
- Understanding the volunteering journey and the characteristics of an engaged volunteer
- Examining how voluntary organisations can support volunteer retention and assess what factors encourage long-term volunteering
- Exploring the future of volunteering – how will opportunities and volunteering provision adapt to volunteers’ needs in 2020 and beyond?
- Defining the volunteer journey – What makes for a successful volunteer experience?
- Assessing the diverse pathways into volunteering and how organisation can support the development of their volunteers
- Exploring how voluntary organisations can harness the skills and expertise of new volunteers to enhance social outcomes
- Understanding the needs and requirements of volunteers to deliver training and skill development to support a long-term volunteering workforce
- Discussing how volunteers can be recognised and rewarded and driven to feel part of wider social objectives
- Mapping the key safeguarding risks faced in volunteer-facing organisations and how the organisations can prevent these failings
- Assessing how charities should manage risk around safeguarding and develop clear policies and reporting procedures to manage concerns
- Exploring the role of the Charity Commission in monitoring and investigating safeguarding failures
- Understanding the characteristics of successful safeguarding training and guidance for staff and volunteers
- How can voluntary organisations expand their outreach and engage new and diverse volunteers?
- What does an inclusive and accessible volunteering programme look like?
- What approaches can your organisation develop to overcome barriers to volunteering?
Join Tiger de Souza as he explores ideas and solutions for enhancing diversity across the volunteer workforce
- Exploring what makes an outstanding volunteer manager and the next steps for the supporting professional development for volunteer leaders
- Assessing how to maximise the impact of volunteer managers within an organisation and expand the reach of a volunteering programme
- Sharing practical insights on supporting volunteer managers to develop core skills and competencies which enhance outcomes for volunteers
- Analysing how volunteer managers can get the most out of their volunteers and support new volunteers to thrive
*Please note the afternoon sessions will split into specific breakout streams
*Programme subject to change